Brian Olmo | Sports Director
FIU tennis continues to annihilate opponents as they sweep Middle Tennessee 4-0 on Wednesday, March 8 at the FIU Tennis Courts. This marks the fourth straight win for the team, bringing them to an 8-3 overall record and 2-0 conference record.
Loudili, Kabbaj and Quadre each won their singles matches to clinch the win for the Panthers. Loudili outplayed Szilasi and won 6-2, 6-2, to continue her three-game winning streak at the No. 6 position.
Kabbaj secured her fourth straight win at the No. 1 position behind a dominant showing against Love-Star Alexis, 6-1, 6-2. Quadre hit the final nail in the coffin for MTSU, beating Muskan Gupta in a commanding 6-0, 6-2 win.
The Panthers look to finish the week undefeated at home, meeting Kennesaw State on Friday, March 10. First serve is slated for noon.
1. Yasmine Kabbaj (FIU) def. Love-Star Alexis (MTSU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Sana Garakani (MTSU) vs. Ekaterina Khairutdinova (FIU) 4-6, 0-5, unfinished
3. Oyinlomo Quadre (FIU) def. Muskan Gupta (MTSU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Noelle Mauro (MTSU) vs. Kamila Umarova (FIU) 3-6, 1-1, unfinished
5. Lilly-Sophie Schmidt (MTSU) vs. Katerina Madelikova 3-6, 1-4, unfinished
6. Salma Loudili (FIU) def. Cara Szilasi (MTSU) 6-2, 6-2
Order of finish: 6,1,3
1. Love-Star Alexis/Muskan Gupta (MTSU) vs. No. 62 Kamila Umarova/Ekaterina Khairutdinova (FIU) 3-4, unfinished
2. No. 56 Yasmine Kabbaj/Oyinlomo Quadre (FIU) def. Noelle Mauro/Lilly-Sophie Schmidt (MTSU) 6-3
3. Katerina Mandelikova/Salma Loudili (FIU) def. Sana Garakani/Cara Szilasi (MTSU) 6-4
Order of finish: 3,2
Follow Brian Olmo on Twitter at @Brian_Olmo11